International Biometric Congress is the international conference on biometrics. Organized by the Forum of Bank Technology of Polish Bank Association in cooperation with Centrum Prawa Bankowego i Informacji Sp. z o. o. (Centre for Banking Law and Information).
Since 2009, the series of conferences, previously known as “Spring Biometric Summit” (SBS), is the largest recurring conference in Central and Eastern Europe, dedicated to the usage of biometrics in banking, financial sector and public administration.
A dialogue between the representatives of the banking and technology companies, academics and lawyers, will be held during the conference, regarding key challenges faced by the financial sector in the context of new regulations on biometric technology.
We present the following:
- expert reports on biometrics published by Polish Bank Association;
- the latest technological achievements in the field of biometrics from the banking sector’s point of view – including biometric signature, biometrics in call center, paperless operations using biometrics, biometric payments and examples of their implementations;
- new applications of biometrics in the area of corporate banking;
- case studies – biometric projects in Polish and European banking, including the “paperless bank” project of bank Zachodni WBK, the biometric ATMs network of PlanetCash and voice biometrics in the mobile banking platform of Bank SMART.
Answering to the banks’ needs and chaired by European experts the conference includes workshops on:
- legal aspects of biometrics;
- shaping the business cases for biometric implementations;
- aspects of security for biometrics implementation.
Each day of the conference concludes with a debate of banking representatives from Poland and abroad, as well as from companies providing biometric technologies to the market. The conference is especially directed to:
- representatives of the banking sector (departments of: security, IT, legal affairs, operations and business),
- central banks, including National Bank of Poland;
- representatives of IT, technology and infrastructure companies;
- representatives of public administration: Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Administration and Digitalization, Ministry of Finance, National Health Fund;
- mobile phone operators, Polish Post